General discussion

WD Cavier 136AA

By dericg ·
I have just recieved a bran new WD 136AA, well new in the sense it's never been used. I have never been a big fan of Western Digital anyway, it's a 13 gb HD That someone wants put in a Pentium 233. I downloaded the cmos expander software that will let it detect HD bigger then a 8.4 gb HD. But Western Digital being the idiots they are gave me no help what so ever. I have no idea what do do with their software. could I use something like segates program instead. if you need more info tell me.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

WD Cavier 136AA

by whiz_bang99201 In reply to WD Cavier 136AA

I have many solutions to hard drive problems. I need you to email me with more info. Give me the system bios info and operating system info.
The most common way to solve this problem is to plug the hard drive into a computer that already has an oprerating system that you are using. Fdisk Then unplug the Disk drive that has the opprating system (only if this is to be a single drive) then use a boot disk to access it. Then fdisk, Partition through fdisk. Then format after reboot using this method;
Boot from The floppy, put the OS cd in then run setup. If this dont work Email me And Ill Give you more Options. I love WD drives Havn't had any Probs yet.

Collapse -

WD Cavier 136AA

by dericg In reply to WD Cavier 136AA

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

WD Cavier 136AA

by bradstreet In reply to WD Cavier 136AA

It has been my experience with Western Digital drives that the fdisk program WILL NOT WORK. You need to get on a working computer, download the setup program from WD's website (i believe the program used to be called EZ Drive or Lifeguard). When you run this program, it will walk you through creating a boot disk...then you will boot the P233 machine with this disk in the floppy...follow on screen instructions for partitioning the drive, then proceed with OS installation. Hope this helps.

Collapse -

WD Cavier 136AA

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

WD Cavier 136AA

by TxTopgun In reply to WD Cavier 136AA

Best bet is try to get hold of a copy of Maxtor's EZBIOS. I have an older version that is not brand specific. Have used it on a WD drive. Good luck.

Collapse -

WD Cavier 136AA

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

WD Cavier 136AA

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)