What reason could a DVD play on a PS4 but not a DVD player?
I bought a DVD from eBay not knowing it was a bootleg. Since this is really hard to find, I decided to keep it anyway. However, it doesn’t play on my DVD player. It does play on my brother’s PS4. I would like to fix it so that it will play on my DVD player, or I would like to buy a new DVD player that it will work on. Or possibly get an external disk drive for my laptop. I just want to bounce information and ideas off someone that knows more than I do because I don’t want to throw money around if it doesn’t work.
This is some information that may help you help me. I’m not sure what you need to know. I’ll answer any question, of course.
• This DVD player plays other DVDs no problem.
• The DVD player is region 1, not region free.
• I don’t know if the PS4 is region locked or not.
• I was told the DVD was region-free. (It may not be, I’ve been lied to before)
• The DVD was burned on a DVD-R not RW or anything.
I hope I put this in the right forum and I hope what I intend to do is clear. If this was on reddit I’d probably title this “I’m a dumbass trying to work a DVD player AMA.”