Question

Where to place login script in windows 2003

By vijendra ·
Where to place login script in windows 2003 server so that these should be executed automatically during login process.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Options

by retro77 In reply to Where to place login scri ...

If you dont want the user to see the script running at all, assign the script to a Group Policy.

If you dont care then just open the user account in ADUC and under the profile tab, put the name of the login script there. Then put a copy of the script in your domain controller's NETLOGON folder.

Collapse -

How to assign the script in Group Policy

by ace.paragoyo In reply to Options

I dont know how to assign script in Grouop Policy.

Please help me, I really need to do this.

Thanks.

Collapse -

GP Edit

by Wizard-09 In reply to How to assign the script ...

Follow these steps.

run epedit.msc then select user configuration then logon / logoff scripts then add the script you have created to the GP

if you find this information useful please mark as so

Collapse -

Try not to use Group Policy for login scripts

by cody In reply to How to assign the script ...

I *wouldn't* recommend deploying your logon scripts through group policy. It's just hard to track and keep a record of where it is.

On all domain controllers, there is a share called "NETLOGON". That share is used for login scripts. Just put your scripts in there, then in the user's account on the server, click on the "Profile" tab then in the "Logon Script" field, type in the name of your logon script. This automatically defaults to the DC's NETLOGON share. Also, when you have multiple domain controllers and you have them synchronizing, they synch the NETLOGON share, so if you keep it in there, it's more SIMPLIER and easier to manage.