Why did WORD 2007 stopped working with hyperlinks?Locked
I have a WORD.DOCX (110 pages) that has stopped opening hyperlinks. In the past it has worked just fine and that feature has saved me a bunch of time.
When I hover over the text, the balloon displays saying to CTR-Click to follow link.
CTR-F11 displays links as text as it should, but when I CTR-Click on a link, I get the message that WORD has encountered a problem and must shut down. Doc is recovered OK.
Here’s what I’ve done;
1. Searched GOOGLE and applied a couple of ‘fixes’ from MS – no help.
2. Copy & paste several lines from the questionable doc to a new doc and CTR-Clicked – I get the same message and doc is recovered.
3. Typed my website address (www.gbbookman.biz) into a new doc, made it a hyperlink, CTR-clicked on it and it worked as it should.
4. “REPAIRED” Office 2007 – no difference.
5. Scanned and defragged the registry.
I have opened a new WORD.DOCX and typed in my website, made it a hyperlink and that works great, but if I copy and paste from the corrupt doc into the new doc below my website address, the hyperlinks don’t work and I get the message that WORD must shut down…………
When I R-Click and copy the hyperlink address from the original doc, and paste into the Chrome address bar, the target website opens with no problem, so it’s not the address.
Any clue would be helpful!