General discussion

Why Dreamweaver MX 2004 not show the Database data after it successful conn

By Jimmy Chan 1979 ·
Hi all,

I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004, and using Microsoft Access for the database.

(Way 1) Now, I builded the news.mdb files in Access, and closed the file, later copy to C:\dwmxweb\newsSystem\database\ and later I open Drewamweaver, add the DSN Less type by using this ""Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath( "/newsSystem/database/news.mdb") to the Custom Connection String, and then choosed "Using driver on test server" and then press the "Test" Button, it show me Connection was made successfuly, but .......... on the right side under Databases tab, I open it, haven't show anything in the database of the data and table what I entered to the news.mdb, sorry of my poor english, I mean, the connection is successfuly, but not any table show up on the right side Database tab in Dreamweaver. You can go to http://test.wusogorphoto.net/DSN_Less01.jpg to see the right side you will understand what is my problems now.

(Way 2) On other hand, I try to connect the databae by entered this string ""Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\dwmxweb\newsSystem\database\news.mdb"", now it can show me the database's table and the content in the table, You can go to http://test.wusogorphoto.net/DSN_Less02.jpg to see the right side you will understand what is show the correct content in the table of the database.

But the problems is, my web host, like www.wusogorphoto.net haven't let me know the full path like "C:\dwmxweb\newsSystem\database\news.mdb" where the mdb storage, so I need using the way 1 to connect the database since I don't know the FULL PATH after upload the news.mdb to the web host.

Who can teach me how to using the way 1 to connect the database and can show up what the content in the table of the connected database.

Thx

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Web Development Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)