Question

why is my Dell inspiron 1545 running extremely slow?

By flame06 ·
A dell inspiron 1545 was brought to me for fixing because it's extremely slow, some applications don't load and it takes close to 6hrs to install an application that supposed to have taken like 3mins. I've uninstalled all antiviruses, and applications that could possibly be causing the problem but istead things are worst. Now i'm using safe mode and it's as though that has also frozen. please what can be done to resolve this problem? worst of all i tried installing a modem so that i can at least repair online but it's taking forever to install.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

have you run the antivirus progroms

by PurpleSkys In reply to why is my Dell inspiron 1 ...

before you uninstalled them? I'm thinking it's likely laden down with malware/spyware and needs a good cleaning. Normally, I would say run Ccleaner, malwarebytes, and spybot search and destroy, but I don't think it would be worth it considering how long you say it takes to install things. If you are able to, I would consider taking it back to factory settings; start fresh. Support for that Dell is here http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1545/en/index.htm

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by flame06 In reply to have you run the antiviru ...

Thanks, I've successfully installed Avg and presently running a scan. I hope this will solve my problem or at least start. Is it advisable to install a program in "safe mode?"
I pray it won't get to the point of factory setting...

Collapse -

you could try

by PurpleSkys In reply to why is my Dell inspiron 1 ...

but sometimes installing programs require some processes that don't run in safe mode...

Collapse -

Dell is now up and running...

by flame06 In reply to why is my Dell inspiron 1 ...

It's actually virus+spy=... I'm presently configuring... When i completely put it bACK in business I'll need to educate the owner a little. I noticed the problem is not the laptop but ignorance. 10x PS

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)