General discussion

Win 2000 and Win95 networking

By geoman ·
We have 3 PCs, two running Win95, and a new Dell running Win2000, coax (no hub). The win95 pcs can see and access the Win2000 PC, so cards, cables, etc. are OK, but the Win2000 PC doesn't see anything else on the network. Is this just a config. problem, or is there a prob. with win2000 vs. win95? Protocols must be OK since the win95 systems see the win2000 system?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Poettone In reply to Win 2000 and Win95 networ ...

the one thing it could be is that your win2k machine isnt setup properly. The first thing I would check is your properties of the network. Goto network and dial up connections off the settings menu and see if there is an entry for local area connection if not create one,if there is, right click and make sure the proper programs have a check in its box, should be the Client, file and print sharing, and Tcp/Ip. If all are ok then check the properties of each to verify the settings. Ive got all default settings and can see two systems on my lan. Let me know

Collapse -

by geoman In reply to Win 2000 and Win95 networ ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by dgust In reply to Win 2000 and Win95 networ ...

Make certain that the Win95s have File and Printer sharing enabled on each. If not, they do not show up.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)