General discussion

Win 2000 can?t find a NT4 domain

By goransv ·
I am trying to create explicit trust relationship between a NT4 PDC (sp6a) and a win 2000 DC(sp4) in native mode. This is so that I later can migrate an Exchange 5.5 server with all its user accounts to the win 2000 server.

My problem is to make the win 2000 server to find the NT4 domain. I am doing this over the Internet, and I have managed to have the NT 4 server to find the win2000 dc and I can connect to the win2000 and se all the users and manage the domain from the NT4 server. I have checked all I can think of - netlogon is runing, null share is allowed, ipc$, admin$ and so on exists. I have made LMHOST files on both computers and run the nbtstat -R. I can map c$ as a network drive on both computers. But when I try to create a trust on the Active Directory domains and trust admin interface on the win2000 server, it can?t find the NT4 domain. What am I missing?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Pocono In reply to Win 2000 can?t find a NT4 ...

Try changing to mixed mode

Collapse -

by goransv In reply to

I started with the win 2000 server in mixed mode but it was not working anny better than it does now, and in all MS KB articles it?s assumed you have it in native mode. If you are realy shore that this is the problem I have to reinstall win 2000, becuse it ?s not possible to just switch back. But then I maybe should install NT4 and join the domain as a BDC, and then do an uppgrade to win 2000. Only 5-7 hours work instead of 3-4 days diagnostic and error tracking, bluah..

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)