General discussion

Win 2000 computer name and netware login

By kernow_boy ·
Can any one help. I work at a college as a technician where the computer labs have recently started to be defaced and damged.
What I would like to do is when some one logs in with Novell client 2000 to a windows 2000 proffesional PC a log is created that lists the users login name, time, and the full computer name that windows 2000 uses.
any ideas would be greatfully recieved as our IT department tells me that it cannot be done.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by eclaybaugh In reply to Win 2000 computer name an ...

Have your tried to lock the workstations. We use a product called Clean Slate from Fortres Grand Corp. Basicly what is does is create a image of the drive before you lock it. Then the user can make changes, change printers, screen savers, desktop,etc.. but once pc is restarted it defaults to the way it was when you locked it.

Collapse -

by kernow_boy In reply to Win 2000 computer name an ...

Yes but will it stop physical damage to the computer, we dont mind them changing wall paper ect, software is easy enough to fix (5 mins with ghost)

Collapse -

by tom In reply to Win 2000 computer name an ...

Ask them if they are familiar with Novells accounting feature. This monitors usage etc. by user name. I am not sure if it tracks the workstation name. The other thing would be to use the workstation auditing feature, same principle.

Good luck.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)