General discussion

Win 2000 - error running (SAGE Line 100)

By ian.campbell ·
While running the SETUP.EXE, from an NT 4 (sp6a) server share running DHCP, a windows 2000 PC (without and with the Win2K SP1) displayed the following message .. ..

Application Popup: 16 bit Windows Subsystem: The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:018b IP:39ff OP: fe ff 00 00 00

Three other PC's of the same model all installed with windows 2000 running the same EXE do not exhibit the problem and complete the installation of the Sage Line 100 program.

Apart from a possible hardware problem (this is a brand new PC, just out of the box) re-installing Windows from scratch seems like a possible course of action. Is there anything else that could be causing the problem.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by alexander.sebestian In reply to Win 2000 - error running ...

Hi!
Sorry for my stupid question, but how did you install W2k??? Or are you still running on NT 4.0 SP6a???

I mean an update from Win NT4.0 to W2k mostly doesn't run cleanly... Did you try to reinstall W2k with clean installation???

My expirience showed, that updates are not allways the best way...

Best reguards

Alexander

Collapse -

by ian.campbell In reply to Win 2000 - error running ...

Windows 2000 came pre-installed on the PC direct from manufacturer.

After a complete re-install of Windows 2000, the Sage Line 100 SETUP.EXE completed without error, but I expected it would (as stated in the question).

Collapse -

by ian.campbell In reply to Win 2000 - error running ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)