General discussion

Win 2000 - Limiting users

By MtnSqs ·
I have a WIN 2000 Prof on this new computer, and I have set up 1 logon other than the Admin one. This logon is to be able to run one program only. There is to be no access direct to the locla harddrive by the user (except from within the program - which plays wave files from the hard drive). The users must not be able to access teh network from this machine, nor are they to run any other programs. Basically they need to be locekd down.

On old Win 98 machien we used TWEAKUI to do this - and I know I can get a version for Win 2000 - but I was wodnerign if the restrictions coudld be done in Win 2000 itself - eitehr by a batch file on the logon, or by group/user policyies?

Any help woudl be appreciated

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Monkey_MCSE In reply to Win 2000 - Limiting users

through group policies you can allow or deny users access to anything on a certain computer. What i would do is create a GPO for that PC that allows everyone to logon, but gives them a desktop with an icon to the program, no access to any drives or even anything but the shutdown button on the start button. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)