General discussion

Win 2000 MCSE

By geoffdougan ·
Hi there
Can anyone help me
I am looking to obtain my MCSE in win2k and was wondering what the best type of course is.
I am looking to study at home and there seems to be so many different companies offering different courses eg smartcertify TQ training affordable traininig etc etc

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Mike Jones In reply to Win 2000 MCSE

www.reachonline.co.uk is a cheap CBT option.

You can have the whole MCSE course for ?85.

Collapse -

by geoffdougan In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by lumberjack In reply to Win 2000 MCSE

a lot will depend on how much time and expense you want to go to.

there are a number of home study courses available - lots from your local (decent) bookshop
Uk prices range from ?25 to ?200 depending on course and depth required, Exams I seem to recall is around the ?75 mark. I am sure wherever you are based will have something along the same lines.
These require commitment and self management from yourself, but less financial outlay. The time will be up to you and how much time you wish to devote.

I have come across assisted training - mainly advertised on TV, that provides course material, help if required, and they arrange exams - though not sure on cost. Sorry dont know much about this one - but it is one I will be looking into more shortly.

Other option - attend MS recognised 1 week courses towards your MCPs/MCSE. very costly!

Final option which may be available - Boot Camps
3-4 week intensive course (some include accomodation)with exams during and at end - Some will even guarantee passes at end! Here they are in the region of ?4000 or more. It press and Internet have details

Will be intereested in your decision and how you get on - perhaps support each other!

Collapse -

Collapse -

by jose_12650 In reply to Win 2000 MCSE

You can do it own your own. Set up your own lab: two or three computers, get Microsoft Press Materials on the subject and before actually taking the exams, familiarize yourself with the questions format at MCSE braindumps sites. You will never go wrong.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by needhamleonards In reply to Win 2000 MCSE

I just got off the phone with SmartCertify, am considering going with them and would be very interested in hearing anyone's experience.
I was interested in 1 course and they recommeded 3 (not without good reason) and were going to give me a break on the total cost. So they are up-selling, but had lots of good advice and spent a fair amount of time on the phone with me.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by needhamleonards In reply to Win 2000 MCSE

I just got off the phone with SmartCertify, am considering going with them and would be very interested in hearing anyone's experience.
I was interested in 1 course and they recommeded 3 (not without good reason) and were going to give me a break on the total cost. So they are up-selling, but had lots of good advice and spent a fair amount of time on the phone with me.

Collapse -

by geoffdougan In reply to Win 2000 MCSE

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)