General discussion

win 2000 pro

By wellmax1.maxwell ·
I have a computer o/s win 2000 pro using office,lotus smartsuite,and other accounting apps.when i open (lotus 123 & excel) the computer just freezes, when i try end the process using task manager a message comes up to allow debugging

any suggestions

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ReWrite In reply to win 2000 pro

Check the event logs for any further information regarding errors. Without knowing anything else you could try to do a repair installation and see if that fixes the problem. It could be caused by a device driver, hardware problem or just about anything at this point. Post back with more detail regarding your machine specs and versions of office, lotus etc.

Cheers.

RW

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to win 2000 pro

sounds like an explorer.exe error but i agree, we need more...here is some food for thought:
did this used to work? what changed (if anything) add any software? hardware? reinstall anything?
how much free,defragged disk space do you have?
did your up to date anti-virus application scan and find nothing?
do you run Ad-Aware (www.lavasoftusa.com) or spybot or both regularly to clear spyware?
you could try shotgunning the problem by applying all windows critical updates and services packs including drivers. the same for excel and office. is smartworks a current product? what version are your apps please. how much ram. if suspecting ram, check out performance counters, watch the screen at boot
my guess: if nothings changed and this used to work, you have spyware or virus or maybe bad ram...
if this never worked then you need to update your apps to be compatible with latest sp win2k pro

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to

i suggest a re-post of your question when/if you get us more to go one. i can't speak for others but i usually never revisit a question, i just browse for the new ones...

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)