General discussion

Win 2000 Prof. connecting to NT 4.0

By pappas37 ·
I have a remote office that has its own domain on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server with AD. The workstations that are presently connected to this doamin are Windows '95, '98, ME and 2000 Prof workstations. The main office is a mixed network running NT4.0 which is my PDC and Windows 2000 Servers. Now they want to combine the 2 networks into 1 over a T1 line. The problem is they only gave me one weeks' notice, so I configured a NT 4.0 BDC for the remote office. First of all, was this the proper thing to do? After downing the original domain with Windows 2000 Server and AD installed, I connected the NT 4.0 BDC. The Windows '95, '98 and ME workstations were able to connect to the domain (BDC), but I was unable to connect the Windows 2000 Prof workstations to the domain. Does this have anything to do with the AD installed onto the original domain? Please help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Win 2000 Prof. connecting to NT 4.0

by Delightful Deb In reply to Win 2000 Prof. connecting ...

Hiya

I really hate when you are left such short notice. You know what they say - if you rush it you'll mess it. Never mind. If you want to follow this link it should give you all the information you need. A lot of reading but it will help youunderstand. AD will have everything to do with it. You will also have to look at your DNS. Anyway, here's the link. Best of luck. Let me know how you get on.
www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q260371 Or go to the Microsoft Support Page and type in Q260371 if the link doesn't work.

Cheers

Debbie

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)