General discussion
March 10, 2003 at 09:49 AM
pappas37

Win 2000 Prof. connecting to NT 4.0

by pappas37 . Updated 23 years, 7 months ago

I have a remote office that has its own domain on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server with AD. The workstations that are presently connected to this doamin are Windows ’95, ’98, ME and 2000 Prof workstations. The main office is a mixed network running NT4.0 which is my PDC and Windows 2000 Servers. Now they want to combine the 2 networks into 1 over a T1 line. The problem is they only gave me one weeks’ notice, so I configured a NT 4.0 BDC for the remote office. First of all, was this the proper thing to do? After downing the original domain with Windows 2000 Server and AD installed, I connected the NT 4.0 BDC. The Windows ’95, ’98 and ME workstations were able to connect to the domain (BDC), but I was unable to connect the Windows 2000 Prof workstations to the domain. Does this have anything to do with the AD installed onto the original domain? Please help?

This discussion is locked

All Comments