General discussion

Win 2000 Prof Printing Problem

By aimulianto ·
I have one user that got Win2000 Prof installed on his laptop. The problem is everytime he prints to the network printer, the separator page always get printed.
I have turned off the option to print the separator page but it seems that it don't effect anything.
What should I do ? Is there any bug in the printing feature of Win 2000 ? If yes how can I overcome it ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Tech010 In reply to Win 2000 Prof Printing Pr ...

If he is connected to a netware server and has CSNW installed, make sure the banner page is disabled in the CSNW applett in control panel. Also, try either installing the service pack, or you can rename and replace a file called "nwprovau.dll", if corrupt; this file causes the banner page to be printed even after the feature is taken off. Good luck.

Collapse -

by aimulianto In reply to Win 2000 Prof Printing Pr ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by bruski2k In reply to Win 2000 Prof Printing Pr ...

Is the network printer connected to a NT4 print server? If yes, could be a driver issue, also does the 2k Pro user have SP1 installed? If not, install it, solves many probs.

I have Canon bubble jet printer, if I use 2k drivers, I can only send print jobs to a 2k print server. If I use NT4 drivers (yes they work with 2k) then I can send to NT4 print server.

If your print server is NT4, then see if your printer manufacturers NT4 drivers will work with 2k. If yes, then remove the 2k drivers and install the NT4 drivers and see what if that works.

Please keep me posted.
Thanks Bruce,MCSE

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)