General discussion

Win 2003 blocks the exec of jobs of SQL

By legna_fg ·
recently we migrated of windowos 2000 to Windows 2003, but we have had problems with the jobs of SQL that worked correctly. The jobs call to a executable of visual BASIC 6, that creates several DTS, to import data of other 6 servers, these DTS import information of text files of UNIX servers. Now with the Windows 2003, the work executes every 2 hours, but it does not do anything. and we have not been able to detect that she is what this happening.

sorry for mi english.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by bluemoonsailor In reply to Win 2003 blocks the exec ...

One of the biggest changes between 2000 and 2003 is the level of default permissions. My guess is that somewhere (probably pretty early in your process) you're being blocked by a permissions issue.

1) Check that the user id that the SQL Server Agent is running under (your DBA should be able to tell you what this is) has the appropriate permissions to run the VBA application

2) Check your firewall and see if you're not being blocked by a permissions issue here.

3) Check file share permissions and directory permissions against the SQL Server Agent id to ensure it has permission to copy files from/to the file shares.

Good Luck!
Steve G.

Collapse -

by legna_fg In reply to

Steve: I have already tried this 3 points before with no results. Is there another option to fix this ?

Collapse -

by bluemoonsailor In reply to Win 2003 blocks the exec ...

Well, here's something to try to help determine what type of error is happening. Change the SQL Server agent to run as the local administrator. If this does fix the problem (it did mine) then you definitely have a permissions issue.

Good Luck!

Steve G.

Back to Web Development Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)