General discussion

Win 2003 Server Network Set-up

By tarkoss ·
I have an industrial intranet with a 2003 Server. The server is running Terminal Services that the clients on the industrial intranet access to run an application on. I have been asked to do two things, enable clients to access the Terminal Server from the internet and enable clients on the industrial intranet to have access to e-mail and limited websites. My question is what is the best way to accomplish this? Security is an important concern.

A sample network diagram can be seen here -
http://www.upload2.com/?cmd=_viewer&file=2d0eaa22340002e660d696285aa35210.pdf&s=7a7ca

To start there are (2) separate networks one is the industrial intranet and the other is the office intranet. The office intranet is using a Linksys RV082 (8-Port VPN Router) that is connected to the internet. So by adding a second NIC to the Server (which is connected to the industrial intranet) and connecting it to the Router this will allow internet clients access to the Server. My question here is what is the best way to set-up the internet client?s connection to the Server? Would making a VPN connection to the Router using Linksys? QuickVPN client be secure enough? Or should I set-up the Router to forward VPN requests to the Server and have the Server handle the VPN? I do have admin control over the Server and the Router.

My second question is how to go about allowing clients on the industrial intranet access to e-mail and limited websites. We want the industrial clients to be able to send and receive e-mail but we don?t want them to be able to receive attachments. Then we want to allow the industrial intranet clients to be able to view a select number of websites. How do I go about setting this up?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Security Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)