General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Win ME on Novell 4.11 Net

by dennis ·

What client do you use to hook a ME PC to the net? We use Zen3.1 for Win95 and it crashed PC W/ME on it. Why does ME not have an add Adapter in Net Prop?

Thanks,
    Dennis

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by jaolson40 ·

In reply to Win ME on Novell 4.11 Net

Try Client v3.3. I’ve used it here, and it works OK.

Follow this link to download:

http://webapps.novell.com/cgi-bin/custom/corp/esd/vrtlbox.pl?NOVELL_PID=87000504.01c&TEMPLATE=2000s_en&TEXT=0

by duck12 ·

Both me and my co-worker have tried Netware 3.30 client and I guarantee it does not work. There are ways (that I have heard) that you can change some settings in ME to make Netware work but I’m not sure how to do this. The best solution for the timebeing is just to reload Windows SE and load Netware Client 3.30. We’ll just have to wait until Novell comes out with a solution or Microsoft releases a patch.

Michael

by papachuck ·

I agree with the first Answer… Client 3.3 works just fine with ME… Have not tried Zenworks yet…Would believe it could cause many bad things. The reg is a bit different in ME from 95. Would create a new zen group for the ME’s and then disable any reg additions or special functions. Do not knwo why Net Prop does not show the adapter. May be a new feature of ME……Good Luck and do not use ME on a network unless absolutly necessary……Chuck

by dennis ·

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Viewing 3 reply threads