Question

Win XP shuts down with blue screen ref to SYMEFA.SYS error 0x0000050

By kdhdata ·
The error does not occur in safe mode or when all services are disabled. The end user contends that nothing new was added when this started to occur. I swapped out RAM but error still occurs.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try this Norton could be causing the problem

by beentherebefore In reply to Win XP shuts down with bl ...

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=nis_feedback&thread.id=36815&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

Collapse -

Problem solved

by kdhdata In reply to Try this Norton could b ...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I followed your lead and the problem is resolved.

Collapse -

Listing Down the Solutions

by VikasAjitMedhekar In reply to Win XP shuts down with bl ...

Hello,

Try replacing your RAM temporarily. If you have multiple RAMs, test them individually one by one.

Run Disk Checkup and fix any bad sectors found in the hard disk. To do so, open My Computer, right click a drive, and select Properties option. Click Tools => Check Now. Then, follow the instructions that you see on your screen.

If the problem still persists, then I am sure your registry is congested. Download RegInOut, and run a full registry scan. Fix-out the problems and restart your system.

Make sure your system files are in good state. Use System File Checker with the help of your Windows installation media. Click Start | Run. Type "SFC /ScanNow" and press ENTER. Again, follow the on screen instructions.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)