General discussion

Win2000 Advanced Server/Pro

By dweideman ·
I have two machines, one with Win2000 Pro and one with Advanced Server. Connecting to my ISP through my modem (on both) shows me that I connected to the ISP. As soon as I want to browse to any site I get a message that it cannot be found. I can, however, ping any IP address on the internet as well as the address (e.g www.microsoft.com) but cannot browse.

Somebody said I neede SP2 for IE 5.5 which I did install but I get the same result. I have SP2 for Win2000 installed as well I have tried connecting and browsing through 2 ISP's. One which uses Unix/Linux servers and one which uses Win2000/NT4.0 servers.

Once again, connecting and pinging is no problem, browsing is impossible.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

DSN Problem

by jrramirez30 In reply to Win2000 Advanced Server/P ...

Sounds like you have a problem with the DNS. Check your browser settings and make sure no checkboxes are checked for your Dial-in settings (I assume you are using a dial-up modem and not a DSL or cable modem). Also type ipconfig /all in the command line to find the DNS servers for your ISP. Try manually entering the preffered and alternate DNS server IP addresses in your dial-up settings. Hope this helps.

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums