General discussion

Win2000 IEXPLORER.exe closes on start up

By Laura Hradowy ·
Clean install with Windows 2000 and also Office 2000, I have been using Netscape all this time so when I went to open up IE,
I get IEXPLORER.exe has generated errors and will be closed down by Windows, you will need to restart you computer

In the Error log
open process error 87 on process ID 2884

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by FelliCo In reply to Win2000 IEXPLORER.exe clo ...

Do a clean install of the newest version of IE that you can get your hands on. I know office2k comes with IE 5.0. I believe that should work

Collapse -

by Laura Hradowy In reply to Win2000 IEXPLORER.exe clo ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by COsloot In reply to Win2000 IEXPLORER.exe clo ...

I hate that problem. Those guys Netscape are as smart as the Microsoft guys are bold. I have never gotten Netscape support to ever help me with that program. Microsoft tells me it is netscape problem. I deleted Netscape. I deleted Windows Explorer. I installed Explorer 4.0 (This is in Win9 upgraded to 5.0 but some program switches somewhere in the OS do not get swithed back on. Win 2000 might be better than Win 98 at resolving this bt I had no luck. I installed a firewall appliance on-site and killed the administraters Internet Explorer The manufacturer which will remain unnamed recommended Netscape to access their appliance as a web device over the net.
I would call it a day backup and reformat.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author