General discussion

WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

By crawford ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick and Short.
During Operation yesterday I was fiddling with the MIC plug in the back of my PC and the System JUST QUIT and went into reboot mode. I let it go through and it gets past the Advanced Setup screen into the first WIN2k color boot screen, where once complete it flashes a Blue screen of death for less than a second and then reboots. This cycle will continue infinitely if I let it. I tried all the boot modes in the Advanced set up with F8, but no luck, same boot sequence. Is there anyway to recover???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

by NTOz In reply to WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

1. Can you boot off a dos disk and does your system come up and give you a command prompt?

2. Does your PC Manufacture have a diagnositc for your system that runs from a boot disk. If so, run the diagnostics to make sure you didnt smoke somethingwhen you were touching the mic plug, static electricity has been know to cause weird problems when it strikes.

3. Have you tried booting off the install disks? Do you get the same results? If you dont, can you run a recover using your emergency repair disk? Perhaps the hardware registry key got smoked.

4. Can you get into your system BIOS, does evverything check out OK?

Pete

Collapse -

WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

by crawford In reply to WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

by cportman In reply to WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

Quick and short answer
Is your sound card on a PCI or ISA slot? If so I would remove the card and see what happens.

Collapse -

WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

IT IS ON A PCI SLOT and I removed it last night, but I am getting the same KMODE_STOP_ERROR
0x0000001E
I saw some write-ups on the MS site, but they were to generic to really help my problem. I don't even know how to get into the recovery console. I am not sure how I can recover. Even when I set my BIOS (ABIT KT7-RAID) to boot from CD on First boot or all boots, I still get a CD-Rom boot failure. I can F8 in the Advanced start up and see the Safe Mode options, but all of them eventually lead to a stopped BSoD or a Reboot Sequence.

Collapse -

WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

by cportman In reply to WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

Quick and short answer
Is your sound card on a PCI or ISA slot? If so I would remove the card and see what happens.

Collapse -

WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

by NTOz In reply to WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

I would agree, if you can remove your sound card at least try it. While hard to think static electricity can screw up your card, it can. I have seen what you describe before.

Collapse -

WIN2000 KMODE STOP ERROR

Poster rated this answer

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums