General discussion

win2000/NT4/IIS/Intranet issue

By sohai.shamoon ·
I have installed the windows 2000 server as a member of a NT4 PDC. IIS is installed and I am running intranet on it. When I browse a web page if the security permissions are not there it pop up a message box

User
Password
Domain

If the use has proper rights for the folder/file he can access it. This is true for the folders residing in the win2000 server.
But when a folder/file residing in the NT4 PDC is accessed thru intranet it just says

We page not found (usual error message ) butdoes not pop up the error message box

Is it because of AD not installed ? or any other issue

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

win2000/NT4/IIS/Intranet issue

by erikdr In reply to win2000/NT4/IIS/Intranet ...

No, has nothing to do with AD not installed. W2K as a member server should act mostly as a NT member server. It has a local SAM and it should be linked in such a way with the PDC that a user can access shares from that PDC, and if not yet logged on at that moment gets a popup box to logon.
First question to research in order to find the culprit: does this behave the same when a user logs on locally at this W2K member server? In that case, a problem with your trust/memberserver status. If this works well, then IIS setup is the problem.

Hope this helps,

<Erik> - The Netherlands

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)