General discussion

Win2000 & Outlook Express Problem

By leslie ·
I'm running Win2000 with Outlook Express ver5.5. I have imported my account setups from Win98 but I keep getting the following error message:

The host 'server name' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'account name', Server: 'server name', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

So far, everyone says I have entered my POP3 & SMTP info incorrectly. When I explain that all my info is correct and in the proper places and it worked in Win98 & Win95 but not in 2000, no one can give me any answers.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to Win2000 & Outlook Express ...

Well, the only other answer is that you are not connecting to the mail server for some reason. Are you sure that your basic Internet connection (dial-up or cable/dsl setup) is configured properly on your new machine? Can you browse the Internet normally? Can you ping the name of the mail server? Do you have any kind of hardware or software firewall on the new system that might be blocking email? Answers to these questions would be the next step. Hope this helps!

Collapse -

by leslie In reply to Win2000 & Outlook Express ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by jdestars In reply to Win2000 & Outlook Express ...

witch kind of connection do you Use Remote access ?
how have indicate the Name Serveur in Outlook express netbios Name or DNS name ?
try to indicate de DNS name server

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)