General discussion

Win2000 p2p network internet

By vivien_d ·
I'm stuck in a loop with the PC that other users connect ot broadband internet through. When other users connect the PC with the modem and ISP link reports error There is an error in VSCHOST.exe. Windows will automatically close. I've run my Virus Checker to ensure that its not related. The PC is free from viruses. When the internet connection is live and other users try to connect the PC really slows down and there is a long delay in the pointer moving on the screen.I've dowloaded SP4 from Microsoft to see if this helps and I've even replaced the modem.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by d.walker5 In reply to Win2000 p2p network inter ...

Updating to SP4 may solve your problem.

Collapse -

by vivien_d In reply to Win2000 p2p network inter ...

Thanks - but I've already applied SP4 update. Still no success. I'm really struggling to get around this problem.

Collapse -

by itsmewhoelse In reply to Win2000 p2p network inter ...

Vivien,
More than likely, VSCHOST.exe has been corrupted-usually by a virus (surfing the net has found 552 instances of this ). Go to MSKB and get a fresh copy of VSCHOST.exe look at it's size and then compare it with the size of yours. I believe it should be 8kb for w2k, 12 for xp, but check to be sure. If yours is larger, then for sure, you've been corrupted. Replace it in the systems folder and the registry.

Hopes this helps ya',
Wesley

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)