General discussion

Win2000 reboots

By d.l.pearson ·
Can anyone explain, after installing adobe acrobat 5 on a gateway desktop PIII. The computer goes through the start up proceedures and just before the login point the system reboots. I cannot gain access to safemode to remove the program. Can anyonehelp.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Win2000 reboots

by bart777 In reply to Win2000 reboots

Try doing a repair install with the original media. This should at least correct the error enough that you can boot up and remove the offending program.
Good Luck

Collapse -

Win2000 reboots

by d.l.pearson In reply to Win2000 reboots

I tried using the repair facility from the CD-Rom. This had no affect. I also Tried using the recovery boot that I had created, still No Luck.

Collapse -

Win2000 reboots

by chris hirst In reply to Win2000 reboots

I have had the same problem with win2k, It seems to be a problem where the swap file is changed for whatever reason and there is no option but to re-install the o\s completely, repair mode fails and no safe mode is available, the last time I checkedno reference to this problem was in the KB ( I must look again)

Sorry to be of no help at all

Chris

Collapse -

Win2000 reboots

by d.l.pearson In reply to Win2000 reboots

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Win2000 reboots

by jasonschambers In reply to Win2000 reboots

Insert your win2k disk and boot from it. When the menu comes up select the repair windows 2000 Install. This wil take a little while. It will at leaat replace your boot files. If this dows allow you to boot in to windows than I would backup your existing files and dump and reload. If this does not get you in to windows than, I would put another drive in the pc load 2k on it and slave your old drive so you can pull all the data you want off of it. I would makesure you run service pack 2 on your pc and try to make sure that any Antivirus is not running in the background. This can cause some problems installing new programs.

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums