General discussion

WIN2000 server cal -please explain

By kimscomputing ·
Have a win2000 server for a small office with 8 other computers connected running win2000 pro. I kept getting the warning that number of machines connecting was too many for the liscense. So i purchased a 5 cal for win2000 server. How do I load the liscense info into the server and do i have to do anything to the workstations?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mgonzales In reply to WIN2000 server cal -pleas ...

The license service can be a pain sometimes.

If you can show proof that you have purchased the licensing, then diable the License Manager Service in services so that message will stop happening.

Collapse -

by jschein In reply to WIN2000 server cal -pleas ...

disable the manager? LMFAO

Just go onto the server, press F1 for help and do a search for CAL. There are step by steps in there to add / remove licenses and modify what you have. Don't DISABLE anything.

Collapse -

by mikey In reply to WIN2000 server cal -pleas ...

I will assume that you have terminal services installed. To activate you licenses, go to [Start], [Programs], [Administrator Tools], and select [Terminal Services Licensing]. See if your server has been activated with Microsoft. If it isn't activated yet, activate your server by right clicking on your server name and selecting the active server option. You can then following the promts to activate your server. Once actived, right click on your server name and select [Install Licenses] and follow the promts to install your licenses.

Once all the licenses are installed, you can make an installation floppy for your windows 2000 Pro machines by going to [Start], [Programs], [Administrator Tools], and select [Terminal Services Client Creator] then follow the prompts to create the floppy and use the floppy to install the program on each windows 2000 Pro machine.

Hope that helps,
Mike

Collapse -

by kimscomputing In reply to WIN2000 server cal -pleas ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)