I have a Win98SE machine which I’m trying to upgrade to Win200 Pro. I’m
running an AMD processor at 700Mhz, ATI Rage128 video card, Linksys LNEPCI
II card, SBLive sound card, with 384Mb RAM and 40Gb harddrive. After the
first reboot, during the search of devices, the progress indicator travels
about halfway and then the screen goes black with several rows of backwards
commas which fills the entire screen. The cursor is blinking in the upper
left-hand corner of the screen. There is no harddrive activity nor any
indication that any background activity is occurring… I cannot use
CTL-ALT-DEL to restart the machine. After restarting the machine, by
powering down, the win2000 setup continues but crashes at the exact same
place each time. I’ve pulled all unnecessary cards and hardware and retried
setup to no avail. I’ve found no resolution on the web for this problem so
I’m looking to any of you that may be able to help.
Thanks in advance.
Gina