General discussion

Win2000 SysTray

By Tejota ·
I have a program that loads up in the systray (bottom right corner) of a Windows2000 pc. Is there a way to remove this app? For example, I know in Win98 you can run MSConfig to take care of apps that load up in the tray.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Win2000 SysTray

by tmaclennan In reply to Win2000 SysTray

I don't know if this will work in Windows 2000...but try out this app; Startup Cop.

http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,000YKL,.h tml

Here's the description from ZDNET:
When Windows starts up, it automatically launches a number of programs for you. Some of these come from the Startup folder. Windows also looks in six other locations for files that should be launched at startup. Startup Cop helps you handle problems with programs that are automatically launched at startup bylisting them and letting you disable, enable, or delete them. You can save the list of programs that are currently enabled or disabled as a profile that can be restored at a later time. Startup Cop was written by Neil J. Rubenking, and first appeared in PC Magazine April 20, 1999 (v18n0.

Collapse -

Win2000 SysTray

by Tejota In reply to Win2000 SysTray

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Win2000 SysTray

by dooryeung In reply to Win2000 SysTray

Try this, starting the regedit.exe, looking for the key 'Run' from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion, delete any unwanted app from this key. Reboot the machine, that specified app will not automatically run again.

Collapse -

Win2000 SysTray

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Win2000 SysTray

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)