General discussion

Win2K Freezing on M700

By mvillar ·
Windows 2000 is freezing up on M700's. I have deployed 50+ and I have had numerous reports of the laptop freezing up to the point of battery removal needed to restart. No specific apps involved. Happens at any time w/any app. Help!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Win2K Freezing on M700

by Seeker2000 In reply to Win2K Freezing on M700

Try the touble shooting page below, I do much with the compac's but know for a fact when running W2K on the HP laptops that we have to update the bios version and that it only works with 2000. If the user has to go back to NT or 98 for some reason, it has to be changed again back to the earlier version.
http://www.compaq.com/support/techpubs/maintenance_guides/125403-003.html

Good luck

Collapse -

Win2K Freezing on M700

by Seeker2000 In reply to Win2K Freezing on M700

Typo in first line,meant to say I don't do much with compac's

Collapse -

Win2K Freezing on M700

by mvillar In reply to Win2K Freezing on M700

First thing we did b4 building was to ensure latest bios...good try but no go.

Collapse -

Win2K Freezing on M700

by chris hirst In reply to Win2K Freezing on M700

I have 20+ M700's running Win2k and the only ones that had lockups were the ones that came pre-installed with 2k. The ones that were cleared down (fdisk) and reinstalled from scratch have been fine (apart from ejecting from the docking station whenthe laptop is on). I would suggest a sample run of clean installs NOT from the restore disk but from a OEM or retail disk preferably.

Hope this helps

Chris

Collapse -

Win2K Freezing on M700

We use a base image built from scratch. We wipe the machine and load 2k ourselves and continue from there.

Collapse -

Win2K Freezing on M700

by mec250 In reply to Win2K Freezing on M700

go to this site http://www.compaq.com/support/files/armada/us/locate/20_1009.html#32 and set the power management and the systen enhancement software also there are some convience base docking station problems with the network cards also there are some problems with the internal modems hanging with those laptop alone with a powercord recall check the compaq page

Collapse -

Win2K Freezing on M700

Compaq has identified a bug in the bios on shipment we received and we are in the process of beta testing a new bios. So far it working. Thanks for your input.

Collapse -

Win2K Freezing on M700

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)