General discussion

win2k n100 error

By martin ·
compaq 5500 server with 1gig ram 4 x 36 gig
nc3120 nic all patch from microsoft are aplied
bios update from compaq and all drivers latest from compaq are on but still get this n100 error network card goes down. i backup files from that server on to another server and it crash with n100 error nothing else shows no other error to help me pin point the trouble

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to win2k n100 error

n100 error network card goes down does that mean the NIC stops functioning? and you try that on another server and that servers nic also stops functioning or are you saying your entire server crashed e.g. critical system error halt, mem dump, reboot?

If its just the NIC thats causing problems, a. does the mainboard have a built in NIC? If it's the builtin NIC did you try disabling that and using a PCI NIC?

Did you verify NIC driver installation? try uninstalling the NIC driver and manually installing it e.g. browse the media [Floppy or CD] for the driver folder, driver files and choose the W2K/XP NIC .inf or .sys driver file.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to

Note: please clarify the problem your having.

Collapse -

by martin In reply to win2k n100 error

its only the nic going down on that server and no its not onboard second card i put in i have put the driver manualy and all standard thing you should be doing to make this work as been done when i say it crash only the nic crash not the os it self

Collapse -

not onboard nic and i even change the card for a new one same result not the os that crash only the network card

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to win2k n100 error

I checked the HP/Compaq web site for any info on the NC 3120 Fast Ethernet Server adapter and came up zero. Only thing they have on it are drivers. no troubleshooting, no FAQ, nadda.

Sounds like a driver incompatibility problem. Have you contacted HP/Compaq ????

Collapse -

like i said all is up to date as for drivers or bios i spent several hours on the phone with compaq they do not know what to tell me! thats why im here

Collapse -

by saran_kumar05 In reply to win2k n100 error

Change the mother board and check it

Collapse -

by v1_pandya In reply to win2k n100 error

As you have done lot of excersice, my reaction on this is try changing the Switch or you can change the default speed of the Switch port on which your server is connected & speed of the NIC. You can try changing the Duplex mode also.

Also you can try putting sniffer software to check the traffic on your Server's NIC as may be any of your network client can caused flood on your server NIC. Which can crash your Server's NIC.

Hope this can help you.

Collapse -

i have alraidy change the speed of the card and used gfi network traffioc analyser and nothing special to it i guess at that point im really alone on this

Back to Windows Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)