General discussion

Win2K Terminal Services/QuickBook 2002

By jbruderly ·
I have a Windows 2K server which I installed Terminal Servies on (application mode). I installed QuickBooks Premier 2002. As long as I log in as Administrator, Quickbooks runs fine. But when I log on as a standard user, I get the following error message. "Your user account for Windows was created with Restricted Access to system resources. This will prevent Quickbooks from operating properly. Please contact your system administrator and ask him or her to grant you standard user rights. The useris a member of the Domain users group which has Read/Write access to the QuickBooks folder, but the message still comes up when I log into the session as a regular user.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by acattr In reply to Win2K Terminal Services/Q ...

give the everyone or "domain users" group full access to the c:\qbooksw folder.

Collapse -

by jbruderly In reply to Win2K Terminal Services/Q ...

This was the first thing I did.

Collapse -

by jbruderly In reply to Win2K Terminal Services/Q ...

The domain users group already has access to the Quickbooks folder. I did find part of the solution however by going into regedt32 and then under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE I hightlighted the Quickbooks section and by going under security and gave the user access the Quickbooks section of the registry. This allowed me to run the program but the navigatior screens won't come up. For example, when you click to go to the employee navigation screen, it tries to download a file called EMPLPAGE.QPG which you can't open as a user.

Collapse -

by rdunn In reply to Win2K Terminal Services/Q ...

You may want to verify that the users have Terminal Server profiles and home directories set up in User Manager. Make sure this is set up, and that they have the appropriate security applied against those folder locations that gives them (at least)modify permissions.

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)