General discussion

Win95&Win98 client logon Win2003 Doamin

By ck.ng ·
Hi...

I'm Michael from Samsung SDI(Malaysia).
I have life run the Win2003 server as my PDC.
I also having about 1000 client in my company.
we also upgrade about 90% of the client to WinXP or Win2k.

the 10% of the PC can't be upgrade due to spacial request from the users. They are running in Win95 & Win98 OS. So how I have join the Win95 & Win98 client to the New Doman.

I have try out many way but is always showing the password for the doamin is wrong.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by carlos.nino In reply to Win95&Win98 client logon ...

Did you create the users accounts in Windows 2003 or used existing ones?. Try creating them again.

Collapse -

by ctmoore1998 In reply to Win95&Win98 client logon ...

I believe the problem to be is that your domain name may be longer than 8 characters, this would answer the 95 problem but 98se should be able to handle domains up to 15 char. To get around this when you create your active dir domain make it domain.company.(com or local or org etc) this way the pre 2000 domain name is domain and it isn't resolved by internet to host internet ie company.com you will have to create an alais for the server. If domain is 8 char or less make sure there isn't a space at the end of the computer name in network neighborhood go to identification tab and place cursor on computer name and back space until last char is erased then type last char back in and reboot. Hopefully this does it for you.

Collapse -

by Dennis@l In reply to Win95&Win98 client logon ...

Win95/98 has a duel login for a working group and a domain, sounds like you are using a domain password for a working group, make sure the microsoft domain client is loading.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)