General discussion

Windows 2000 Accelerated Exam 70-240?

By ryan4x4 ·
I am fixing to start studying for the accelerated exam and I was wondering what books, etc. that would be a great deal of help to me in this most impossible adventure? The company I work for has no plans in the immediate future of deploying Windows2000, so I do not have much access to the OS in general. I was thinking of buying the exam prep 2000 core books to aid in study as well as a few others. I am aware of the fact that I still need some hands on experience with 2000 but just was wondering if there were any good books, etc. that would help me on this dark quest?
Please Help!
Ryan

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by kenalmoore In reply to Windows 2000 Accelerated ...

Personnally I really like "Mark Minasi", his books are very thorough and have plenty of pictures, he also answers his email if you have questions.

Collapse -

by ryan4x4 In reply to Windows 2000 Accelerated ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by ratherbfishing In reply to Windows 2000 Accelerated ...

The book I am using is Exam Prep Windows 2000 Accelerated by Coriolis. It is pretty well laid out and I like the format. Can't say how it stacks up to the test because I have not taken it yet! But I bought another book earlier, I believe publsihed by Osborne, it was horrible. So beware and look them over real good before you plunk down the dough.

Good Luck!

Collapse -

Thanks, think I will buy this book along with the exam prep core books. At least that will get me started in the right direction.
Ryan

Collapse -

by jwilczyn In reply to Windows 2000 Accelerated ...

I like "New Riders" - "MCSE Windows 2000 Accelerated Exam" by B.Komar
ISBN - 0-7357-0979-3
It's good.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by tony.colgrove In reply to Windows 2000 Accelerated ...

The Transcender Core Pack is great. You get the full test for the four core exams and one of the design exams. It is a little pricey, but you get a great feel for the exam questions, and what I have always liked about Transcender products is the question explainations. They are great about telling way the specific answers are correct and why the others are incorrect.
I have always learned more from Transcender explainations, then from a study book.
Also if you get TechNet, read through theResource Kit, thats where it all comes from.
The Exam Prep Accelerated Book is a nice complement book.

Collapse -

Thanks for the info on Transender, I don't know if I really got that kind of money to spend on study material though. Ryan

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)