General discussion

Windows 2000 ADV Server

By Michael34 ·
Hello, My question is this. For collage I have a project which is to design and plan out a network for a company which we create. We can work with only Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Windows 2000 Pro and we have 10 computers to make this work. What we decited to do was plan a gaming company we would have 4 Servers, Install DNS, DHCP, RIS, NAT and Active Directory. We have to ensure this is a 3 hour thing and set it up infront of the instructor however according to the 5 techs we have that will not take 3 hours but less. Is there anyother Windows 2000 Advanced Server features we could throw in to extend our plan for 3 hours?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Windows 2000 ADV Server

I'd recommend that you create several Organizational Units in Active Directory. Place the user and computer objects into different OU's. then place Group Policy Object settings that enforce different security settings on those users depending upon what OU they are placed in.

That should establish to the instructor that you have an advanced understanding of Active Directory.

Best of luck with your lab.

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to

While I am thinking on it, you could set up an empty-root, peer domain forest show some novelty. If you have a router or swtich available, you could extablish multiple AD sites.

You might not have time in a 3 hour lab to accomplish all those tasks, however.

Collapse -

by Michael34 In reply to

Thanks for the help

Collapse -

by Eride In reply to Windows 2000 ADV Server

you might want to include 3rd party software, that might ease the installation or maintenance of your setup and design, go over things to be aware of, and also things to recommend that you have learned over setting this up, that might cover for about 1 hour, and the other hour, i would go over new users. if you want to do awesome on those 2 hours, i would setup 2 domains, 1 being your domain controller, and 2 being a slave, then setup subnets to each individual computer that you can simply say represents a OU

Collapse -

by Michael34 In reply to

Thanks for the help

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Windows 2000 ADV Server

dmz?
firewall?
backups?

Collapse -

by Michael34 In reply to

Thanks for the help

Collapse -