General discussion

windows 2000 and acrobat 4.0

By powerstroke ·
I knwo this is a known problem i just don't know the answer.

When using windows 2K acrobate reader 4.X and a lserjet printer the output is mostly garbage! This has been posted on adobe's web site without an answer from them. Microsoft had nothing I could find.

Only answers that work please

All Points to first correct answer

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tbradley In reply to windows 2000 and acrobat ...

If you are printing to a postscript printer, make sure that you printer hasn't been forced into Level 1 postscript. Right click on printer, properties, postscript tab then advanced.

Check to ensure you have the proper fonts installed on your machine. With the document open, under file, click on document info, and see what fonts are embedded in the document. YOu MUST have these fonts installed on the workstation to print.

If you still have problems, try to print as image.

Collapse -

by powerstroke In reply to windows 2000 and acrobat ...

print as image is what did it!

Collapse -

by kgosnell In reply to windows 2000 and acrobat ...

First and formost , do a deep scan for a Virus/Worm , this can emulate many problems , and the garbage suggests it is connected , but is translating wrong which IS a problem such as you hinted at , but can be as simple as a setting in the control panel , do a methodical check befor doing anything drastic. I also suggest you read carefully the answers that are correct to some degree when you get it operating and divide the points between them. As far as mine goes , mark it as rejected no matter the outcome. Good luck , and I hope you resolve it.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)