General discussion

Windows 2000 and Banyan Vines Issues

By mgordon59 ·
Our company has recently migrated to Windows 2000 Professional on new Compaq DP EN PIII733 computers. We are running Banyan Vines as our file services NOS until we convert to Windows 2000 Server platform in second or third quarter of 2001. Even with the newest revision of the Banyan Vines drivers for Windows 2000, we are getting several recurring errors, for which we've tried an array of fixes. Errors include:
* Explorer.exe errors when opening files on Banyan drives and directories. We have tried a registry fix for this issue created by e-Presence, which is Banyan's new name, to no avail.
* Consistent "Windows System Files Have Been Overwritten, please install SR-1 CD" errors, even after installing SR-1.
* Rebooting problems on "power user" computers who use Peoplesoft. We've adjusted the virtual memory settings to try to fix this problem.

Are there any Banyan Vines stragglers like us out there that may have seen these or similar issues and found fixes for them?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by toksymore In reply to Windows 2000 and Banyan V ...

I'm sorry about your plight. I am also in the throes of migrating from a Banyan network to a Win 2K platform. Unfortunately since win2k is still too new and may not have been properly tested for interoperability with older protocols, I may just consider migrating to NT before finally diving into 2k.

However, I suggest that you send an email cataloguing your experiences with both products and send not only to ePresence but also to Microsoft (as they may have to do a patch for such glitches). Remember they rely more on us (administrators/users) to carry out multiple scenario tests on their products in the real world.

I hope this helps!

Collapse -

by mgordon59 In reply to Windows 2000 and Banyan V ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by mgordon59 In reply to Windows 2000 and Banyan V ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)