General discussion

Windows 2000 and IIS

By Tim Marshall - Houston ·
What insight can someone lend to me concerning Windows 2K and IIS. When or is it necessary to remove IIS. It seems there is conflicting information about this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 and IIS

by Stillatit In reply to Windows 2000 and IIS

The recommendation to remove IIS from servers was someone's panic reaction to the nimda worm.

If you are not talking about a server, it is not an issue, since you are not running IIS.

There is no need to remove IIS. If you don't use if for anything, you can disable it to save resources. If you do use it, install the security patches as they come out.

Good luck

Collapse -

Windows 2000 and IIS

by Tim Marshall - Houston In reply to Windows 2000 and IIS

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Windows 2000 and IIS

by flan In reply to Windows 2000 and IIS

what's the problem? if you use iis keep it on, if you don't, take it off. here's an example. why should i buy a car if i don't know how to drive? it's useless, consumes resources and a stupid thing to do.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 and IIS

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Windows 2000 and IIS

by pb In reply to Windows 2000 and IIS

There is no need to panick. Keep yourself uptodate about the latest threats to your PC.
If you use IIS for your work then there is no need to remove it but you should try to do these things:Download the latest W2k service pack, buy a good anti-virus software and install these on your computer to protect your PC.
If IIS is of no use to you then you can remove it or disable it in your services list.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 and IIS

Collapse -

Windows 2000 and IIS

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)