General discussion

Windows 2000 and PC Maclan 8.1

By steve.bouse ·
I am running Win2000 Pro. SP1 on a Dell Laptop C600 (relatively new). I loaded PC Maclan 8.1 on there and would like to communicate with Macs (laptops and desktops-no Mac printer or router). The problem that I am having is that my Windows 2000 box does not show up in the Mac OS 9 Chooser. I can ping the Mac laptop from my Win2000 box, and I can access my Win2000 box from the Mac using Chooser's Server IP address....and log in from there. When I go to Win2000's My Network Places, Entire Network,Miramar Appletalk Network...no Macs show up in there (just the Appleshare IP default). Everything works great in Win98 and NT Workstation 4.0. We have loaded this on 3 different Win2000 laptops, and they all do the same thing. Software has been checked out, and even downloaded the latest NIC drivers in Win2000 for 2 types of NIC Cards (Xircom Cardbus 10/100 RBEM-100 and 3com Mini PCI (integrated)). It seems to communicate using IP, but not Appletalk. I called Miramar (the manufacturer), but they were stumped. I even loaded Win2000's SP2, uninstalled Norton AV 2001...is there something I am doing wrong? Any help is appreciated!! :)

S. Bouse

sbouse@answerthink.com

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ngr In reply to Windows 2000 and PC Macla ...

Have you tried adding the Appletalk Protocal on your Windows 2000 box? Just a suggestion as I'm not overly familiar with PC MacLan.

-r
ngr00@hotmail.com

Collapse -

by steve.bouse In reply to Windows 2000 and PC Macla ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by steve.bouse In reply to Windows 2000 and PC Macla ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Mac OS Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)