Desktop

Our forums are currently in maintenance mode and the ability to post is disabled. We will be back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

General discussion

Windows 2000 and running a Dos program o

By longneckerbilly ·
I`ve installed Win2000 Pro RC2 on a workstation.We have a Dos program that runs on a Netware server.When I try to run the program on the 2000 Pro workstation, it errors out and says unrecognizable command.I configured a config.nt and autoexec.bat files with the proper configuration that I use normally on Dos or Win9x workstations,but it still doesn`t work. The dos program uses the Netware commands betrieve, getmem,dispem. It seems 2000 Pro can`t recognize these commands.Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be appreciated. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by kellyst In reply to Windows 2000 and running ...

Try installing the Netware client from the CD under \i386\WINNTUPG\OEM\NOVELL. It may them recognize the novell commands

Collapse -

by longneckerbilly In reply to Windows 2000 and running ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by gregc In reply to Windows 2000 and running ...

Those are not Novell commands, BTRIEVE is a Database engine, the others seem like memory commands. What you are going to need is a product to run Btrieve under Windows 2000. This must be some kind of Accounting Package or Inventory package. I would go to the People that wrote it (assuming they are still around!) and see if they could help. Sounds like a time to upgrade to a newer Application. Something that supports SQL . Possibly the people that own Btrieve could help, www.pervasive.com,Hope that helps.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity