General discussion

Windows 2000 and running a Dos program o

By longneckerbilly ·
I`ve installed Win2000 Pro RC2 on a workstation.We have a Dos program that runs on a Netware server.When I try to run the program on the 2000 Pro workstation, it errors out and says unrecognizable command.I configured a config.nt and autoexec.bat files with the proper configuration that I use normally on Dos or Win9x workstations,but it still doesn`t work. The dos program uses the Netware commands betrieve, getmem,dispem. It seems 2000 Pro can`t recognize these commands.Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be appreciated. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by kellyst In reply to Windows 2000 and running ...

Try installing the Netware client from the CD under \i386\WINNTUPG\OEM\NOVELL. It may them recognize the novell commands

Collapse -

by longneckerbilly In reply to Windows 2000 and running ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by gregc In reply to Windows 2000 and running ...

Those are not Novell commands, BTRIEVE is a Database engine, the others seem like memory commands. What you are going to need is a product to run Btrieve under Windows 2000. This must be some kind of Accounting Package or Inventory package. I would go to the People that wrote it (assuming they are still around!) and see if they could help. Sounds like a time to upgrade to a newer Application. Something that supports SQL . Possibly the people that own Btrieve could help, www.pervasive.com,Hope that helps.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)