Question

Windows 2000 cannot see Windows 2003

By mnt2002 ·
I have a network of about 20 machines - Windows 2003 server - 2 windows 2000 clients (rest XP) and one W2k Server. All the 2k machines cannot see the win 2003 machine (although they can ping it and view it's web site).

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

humm

by CG IT In reply to Windows 2000 cannot see W ...

you've left off some important information. Most everyone knows that addprep/forestprep and addprep/domainprep must be run to have both W2K and W2003 in a domain environment. So unless this is a workgroup which I doubt with 20 computers, my suggestion becomes a question. Did you run addprep/forestprep and addprep/domainprep?

Collapse -

Computers are already part of the domain

by mnt2002 In reply to humm

Hi there,

Thanks for that reply. The computers (all of them) are already part of the domain. But all of a sudden they did not see the domain controller. I think that it is some kind of virus of worm. Yesterday, I had a backup drive (not used for awhile) and popped it into one of the W2k computers (the OS on it was also W2k and it too had already been joined to the domain previously). Well, this computer could now see the server and everything. So it wasn't the network, it wasn't the OS and it wasn't the hardware. The only thing left is that there was some problem with the installed OS and I think that was a virus.

If you though have any other ideas, please let me know.

Thank you,

Michael

Collapse -

not virus

by ravi_c_j In reply to Computers are already par ...

thats not the virus alone which can restrict urself by seeing it can be the policies in ur domain implemented.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)