General discussion

windows 2000 can't get object

By samlhc ·
Need some guide here. Just got an unexperience problem with my win2k server.
Situation:
I want to share my folder but get an error cant get object picker because no location.... Happen when try add user object too. So I just reboot my pc, still unable to get object. I can't even connect to exchange through my outlook. I can see the error lot error in event viewer but cant open the detail event to read. when try open any event file, got a splash(cant see what error, too fast). I unable to start performance log because the counter gone. ?? can't add back bcoz of no selection. (so I just disable it). When
try start remote registry service, ipsec policay agent and smtp, all unable to start. (authentication unknown, windows internal error..)
I able to logon to my domain pc, i can browse my network and Use network
resource. I can browse my exchange through web browser.

-I have try disable my NIC or reset the static ip...firewall is outside my lan.
-run ipconfig/all at cmd, the static ip, DNS, gateway are correct.
-Check the host and lmhost file nothing there.
-check advance setting in network and dial up connection, lan connection in the top
-Check at domain PC, no error related to this pc. Use another win2k/XP/98 PC to logon, works ok. So I assume my domain work fine.
-Scan virus or spyware using MCafee (internal) , online trend micro, Xpanda, spybot.. Nothing found
-when connectcomputer to domain, its say already member.

My Pc running win2k server SP4. All updates been done.
Win2k3 SBS domain

This is suddenly happe. Something wrong with my authentication??What else should I do? Resintall SP4 or the whole system?(my last choice)
Rejoin domain?? change NIC? or just some simple config need to be redone???
Please kindly provide me some guidance.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by samlhc In reply to windows 2000 can't get ob ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to windows 2000 can't get ob ...

I am a little confused here from reading the message.

Is this error appearing on just one PC? On the SBS server? Or on all PC's?

If it is just the one PC and it is clean with no viri or spyware, then an in-place Windows re-installation would be the fastest resolution method.

Collapse -

by samlhc In reply to

Its happen to my 1 win2k pc. No error on other or SBS server. I have try repair with reinstall the win2k. I manage to get object now. But still got problem accessing exchange server with outlook. Event id 7023 for SMTP authentication is unknown. Can't find any solution at microsoft. My 4 services stil unable to start. Smtp, remote registry, www, IPsec policy Agent stil unable start
You opinion appreciated

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to windows 2000 can't get ob ...

or you could try to repair the installation - but not by using the recovery console - boot from the install disks and ask setup to do a fresh install. After it copies the files, it will examine your disk(s), identify Windows and ask you if want to repair it.

Do you have enough free space on the system drive on the Win2k server - these symptons can be caused by inadequate free space. You want at least 250-500MB free space as a minimum.

Good luck

Collapse -

by samlhc In reply to

Same here reinstall been done, manage get my object back. But still unable log in exchange server through outlook. Also get some error in userenv 1000(windows unable determine user or computer name.
You opinion appreciated

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)