General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows 2000 Domain Login

by golfkinguk ·

I have a W2KPro and a Win98 computer that happily get DHCP and logon to a W2K Domain Controller. However, a Win95 workstation won’t log on to it using Microsoft Client, logon to Windows NT domain. When a static IP address is assigned, it happily browses the server, but you cannot logon to it at the network logon screen. I have all of the workstation names assigned as Active Directory Computers and users. I have checked and triple checked, everything is set identical to the Win98 Computer. I would really like the Win95 PC to use DHCP and login to the W2K Domain. Is there some limitation that I am unaware of?
    Thanks in advance. Ron

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by lil_turk ·

In reply to Windows 2000 Domain Login

There is something you did miss. AD will not let a Win95 machine login the Tree. The new version of Kerbos doesn’t all NTLSM to login in. The resolution is upgrade this machine to 98 and it should start working. I know this sounds crazy but I’m not positive on this so check out microsoft site for info on AD for win95.

by golfkinguk ·

In reply to Windows 2000 Domain Login

Thanks, I had a feeling this was the case. Oh well, imagine Microsoft not allowing one of it’s most widely used clients to login to a 2000 Domain. ching ching Billie!

Viewing 0 reply threads