Question

windows 2000 error

By ramesha_mail ·
i could not configure ip address on my pc on the network,it is giving the error like

"the instruction at '0*76f3082c'refernce memory 0*00000000, the memory could not be read"

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

A couple of checks

by Jacky Howe In reply to windows 2000 error

Is this a new build or is it something that has just started happening. After trying these tests run HiJackThis.
<br><br>
Try pinging your localhost IP 127.0.0.1 to see if that works on the PC. If it doesn't then there's a fault with the Network card and it will have to be replaced.
<br><br>
Click Start, Run and type in cmd click OK or press Enter. At the command prompt type in <b>ping 127.0.0.1</b> and press Enter.
<br><br>
Let Windows automatically detect and install network adapters
<br>
Windows can automatically detect and install the correct network adapters for you. It will also correct any corrupted registry entries on the network adapter.
<br>
To direct Windows to automatically detect and install network adapters for you, follow these steps:
<br>
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
<br>
2. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
<br>
3. To see a list of installed network adapters, expand Network adapter(s). Click to locate the network adapter, and then click Uninstall.
<br>
4. Restart the computer, and then let the system automatically detect and install the network adapter drivers.
<br><br>
If that doesn't work try manually installing the drivers or updated drivers for the network card.
<br><br>
Also it wouldn't hurt to check the memory if the above fails to correct the problem.
<br>
You can test the memory by running Windows Memory Diagnostic that can be downloaded from http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp. If memory problems are found, try re-seating the RAM. If it doesn't work, replace the defective RAM.
<br><br>
Download HijackThis and run it and then go to the site below to analyze it or post the log file here.
<br><br>
http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe
<br><br>
HijackThis log file analysis
<br><br>
Hijack This opens you a possibility to find and fix nasty entries on your computer easier. Therefore it will scan special parts in the registry and on your harddisk and compare them with the default settings. If there is some abnormality detected on your computer HijackThis will save them into a logfile. In order to find out what entries are nasty and what are installed by the user, you need some background information.
<br><br>
A logfile is not so easy to analyze. Even for an advanced computer user. With the help of this automatic analyzer you are able to get some additional support. Just paste your complete logfile into the textbox at the bottom of this page. Due to a few misunderstandings, I just want to make it clear that this site provides only an online analysis, and not HijackThis the program.
<br><br>
http://hijackthis.de/
<br><br>
<i>Keep us informed as to your progress if you require further assistance.</i>
<br><br>
<i>If you think that any of the posts that have been made by all TR Members, have solved or contributed to solving the problem, please Mark them as <b>Helpful</b> so that others may benefit from the outcome.
</i>

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)