General discussion

Windows 2000 Event ID 10**

By Sameh Fouad ·
I have a Windows 2000 network with 2 DCs, a week ago I had to remove one of them, so I started DCpromo and demoted it and disjoined it from the domain, guessing that everything is alright. But nothing comes as you want it, till now and find events in the event viewer Directory services events, event ID 10** says that there is an error dictates that the local server (meaning the only DC left) should replicate from itself, the error is ignored but should be corrected thru AD sites and services. Itried but I cant.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Sameh Fouad In reply to Windows 2000 Event ID 10* ...

I checked Microsoft Knowlege Base, but unfortunately, all event IDs # 10** are for MS exchange server 5 and 5.5

Collapse -

by ins413 In reply to Windows 2000 Event ID 10* ...

I tried to do some searching on the error as well, and found nothing. One thing that you could check is to make sure that the FSMO roles were successfully tranferred during your demotion (if they were present on the demoted server). As well as making sure that the new server is a GC since it is the only one on the network. Is the other server present in AD Sites & Services? If so, can you manually remove it. Good luck and I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

Norm

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Windows 2000 Event ID 109 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Ann777 In reply to Windows 2000 Event ID 10* ...

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=10**&source=

Description:
The ntdsConnection object CN=SERVER,CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=<domain controller>,DC=<domain suffix> dictates that the local server should replicate from itself. This is not a valid configuration and will be ignored. Please use the Active Directory Sites and Services Manager to modify or delete this object.

Comments Compiled from Usenet postings:
"This message indicates that there is a replication connection from a domain controller to itself. This is not valid, and the KCC and replication are ignoring it. It can be deleted (if you run the Sites and Services mmc and expand down to Sites / Default first / servers / w2kserver / NTDS settings you will find a connection object defined, that is actually a connection from <domain controller x> to <domain controller x> that it wants you to delete)."

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Windows 2000 Event ID 109 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Sameh Fouad In reply to Windows 2000 Event ID 10* ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums