General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

windows 2000 installer.exe error

by david.waldschmidt ·

I tried to install a program on windows 2000 and recieved this error.

Installer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. I have tried to restart and still get same message. I would like to know if anyone has this happened before and how to fix it.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: windows 2000 installer.exe error

by jdgretz ·

In reply to windows 2000 installer.exe error

Try getting the latest windows installer files from the Microsoft web site. Try this link –
      http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893803

Do you have SP4 installed on your W2K box? If not, do that first as this update only works with SP3 and SP4.

Let me know if that does not work.

jdg

by david.waldschmidt ·

I have SP4 and I went to microsoft and downloaded the latest version of installer. I still get this error message.

by sadan01 ·

If there is an associated .MSI file that came with this program you are trying to install, right-click on the MSI file and choose Install from the context menu.

What is the program you are trying to install?

by mdhislam ·

It looks like there is a virus go to the web to see same error find the program to fix it.

by otl ·

As my son found out the expensive way. There was actually a problem with the PC that would not allow the installation of the program he needed for school. You could actually have a hardware problem that is stopping the installation. This was not diagnosed down to the offending component (CPU, NIC, video, sound, etc….)

Try running a diagnostic on the PC/server and see what it finds as a problem.

by david.waldschmidt ·

I am still having trouble. I have tried to find out if this is a virus and have not found it to be. I am going to try and see if there is a hardware problem or maybe some program conflict and maybe possible a problem with user rights, policy, security. This one is just not coming to a conclusion. Help….

by david.waldschmidt ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 6 reply threads