General discussion

WIndows 2000 internet router at 100%

By aforgone ·
My network is Windows 2000 based (both servers and desktops). Whenever a desktop connects to the internet, no other desktop can connect to a site until the first connection is finished. When the first destop connects and begains a download (like Acrobat Reader), my router shows 100% and as a result, no other desktop can access the the internet. As soon as the first desktop has finished downloading, the router drops to zero and the next desktop can connect.This never happened with my Win 98 desktops. The internet connection has remained the same. Is that a tcp/ip fast start problem? is there a way to return to the performance that windows 98 gave me allowing multiple,simultaneous connections?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by voldar In reply to WIndows 2000 internet rou ...

This is the first time I heard about something like that. Would you be so kind to type the route print command, so that we can see what routes you use? Use:
route print > routes.txt
and then copy and paste the contents of the routes.txt. You can change the IPs by using 192.x.y.z or 194.x.y.z, but I would really like to see what is there.
And also, give an ipconfig /all listing of the client and the router, using same method.
Good luck!

Collapse -

by voldar In reply to

let the 0.0.0.0 and ?.y.z.255 and ?.y.z.0 in place :) and the 255.255.255.255 also

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)