General discussion
May 20, 2003 at 12:52 AM
simon

Windows 2000 licencing (going mad)

by simon . Updated 23 years, 4 months ago

Hi all,

I have a brand new Windows 2000 network that I have setup at work which includes 3 Servers.

Server 1 (Primary) houses a database which 8 users uses.

Server 2 (secondary) houses all the user files and network documents along with theprinters.

Server 3 (Seconday) houses the VPN connection and email connections

(I know there aren’t Primary and secondary in Windows 2000, just to make it simpler to explain really 🙂

I have installed all the Licences (per seat) on to Server 1 as it’s the main server.

Looking at the Licence MMC on that server all is fine, but when I look at Server 2 which only house files etc it says all access’ are Un-Licenced. I don’t want to break the licenceing agreement so am keen to make sureI have been told the correct information, ie:- Because Server 1 authenticates the log on’s that is the Server I need the licences for.

Have I been told correctly? Do I need more licence? Should I just install the licence onto server 2 that I have for Server 1.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you

This discussion is locked

All Comments