General discussion

Windows 2000 Mapping

By sameer_adhikari ·
Hi Friends,

We have windows NT(Domain) & have windows 2000 pro. as a client. I have config. the windows 2000 to login to Domain. & had mapped come folder to the drive. now the problem is that when user login in he don't get connection to the map(it shows RED cross although he is login to the domian & there is not connection problem). Then i have to restart the machine then when he login he is able to connect map drive. I am not able to figure out the problem. Can any one help me out with this problem. Thanks in advance. Awaiting for your reply.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Mapping

by jose_12650 In reply to Windows 2000 Mapping

If you mapped the folder(drive) from the client you should check the Reconnect at Logon option. If the mapping was done through a script, try adding the /p for persistent connection. Or your problem could be a browser issue. Configure your DHCP not to terminate idle connection by the client by substituting the value of 15 minutes to Zero (0).> (computer configuration, Windows Setings, Security Settings, Amount of Idle Time required before disconnecting session = 0).

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Mapping

by sameer_adhikari In reply to Windows 2000 Mapping

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Mapping

by M.R. In reply to Windows 2000 Mapping

Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297684

Q297684

Otherwise need more detail on how you are mapping the drive. I have had this happen when a login script overlaps a manualy mapped drive.

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Mapping

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Mapping

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)