General discussion

Windows 2000 Printer Queue

By erica_magee ·
I have a HP Laserjet 3300 installed on a Windows 2000 Terminal Server computer. When a user prints something to this printer, it prints, but it saves the print job in the queue and the status of the job changes to "printed". When a user prints something else to this printer, it prints the current job plus any previous jobs in the queue with a "printed" status. When a job is sent to the other printers installed on the server, those job prints correctly by printing then clearing from the queue. How can I get this HP Laserjet 3300 printer to do the same without manually clearing the jobs from the queue after they've printed. Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Jennifer.Gardner In reply to Windows 2000 Printer Queu ...

We had the same problem with the same model of printer. When the problem occurred, this network printer was setup on the server. Printing directly with TCP/IP instead corrected the problem.

Collapse -

by erica_magee In reply to

I changed the option to "Print directly to printer" vs "spool documents first". The jobs are still being saved in the queue with a printed status. Thanks jwiggins.

Collapse -

by umesh_gk In reply to Windows 2000 Printer Queu ...

In printer properties uncheck the option "KEEP PRINTED JOBS"

Collapse -

I checked printer properties and the "Keep Printed Jobs" option was not checked. Jobs are still being saved in the queue with a printed status. Thanks umesh_gk@yahoo.com

Collapse -

by Jennifer.Gardner In reply to Windows 2000 Printer Queu ...

You misunderstood what I meant. If this is a network printer, as ours was, set it up as a Local Printer, printing to a TCP/IP port. That solved our problem.

Collapse -

I installed this printer as a network printer on the main server, then added to the Terminal Server by pointing to the location on the server.

Collapse -

by erica_magee In reply to Windows 2000 Printer Queu ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)